Redeemed 09' Official Promo Video

Saturday, February 21, 2009

What's your say?

What does Easter mean to you? Starting this week, we'll have the view points of members of UCSI University Christian Fellowship share their views on what Easter means to them and their testimonials of Life-RW; the Easter rally organized by UCSI University Christian Fellowship in 2008. So first up for our inaugural section would be Mr. Leslie Lian; a final year accounting & finance student from Kuala Lumpur.


Last year's rally was an eye opening experience for me as a committee member and also as a blessed participant, having to see how God works throughout the whole process and blessed me personally that night. It took us roughly 4-5 months to plan and organize it in order for it to work so well on that night. But although no matter how smoothly the event runs, it is nothing compared to how God changes the lives of people who went up and accepted Him as their personal Savior.

For few months or more, the committee members have been working very hard behind the scenes to come together to pray and discuss on the various tasks allocated for the rally. Organizing an event as big as this is not easy as what I think at first and it would never be throughout the whole process but I thank God for sending His angels and people to come support us along the way. Nothing can be done by man alone without the power of God.

On the actual day, most of us were still busy running here and there doing some final checkup and practices – worship practice, dance practice, checking the logistics, helping to set up the sound system, preparing the ushers, briefing, briefing and more briefing…Like how it was said, it was never easy in the beginning and in the end. No matter what, God still continued to strengthen us and assures us that He will help us and make this a blessed event. Most of us knew how UCSI students would take their own sweet time to come and some would only come if their friends come. As for myself, I was quite worried that only a few would attend as none of my friends gave their confirmation to come. Not really sure about others though….However, I was constantly silently praying in my heart that God will bring more people in on that night.

It was supposed to start at 7.30pm according to schedule. It was 7.45pm and the hall was only a quarter filled. We were contemplating whether should we wait a while longer or to start with such few attendees. Suddenly, a few minutes after that, people were rushing into the hall and as we saw the elevator opened every time, it is always full. Every single time we hear the elevator door opens, people were constantly coming in groups. As time passes by, more and more people filled the hall and we felt as if our prayers were answered. Not only did it fill all the chairs that were arranged, we need to arrange more chairs for people to sit. Look at how God answers our prayers and blessed us not only in full but in abundance. To my surprise, most of my classmates came as well to support me. I can’t describe how happy and joyful I was on that night. God really knows my heart and answered my prayers.

Eventually, the event started at 8pm and everyone was enjoying themselves with the performance especially the mime with the glowing gloves. It was the first time for my non-Christian friends to see such performances. They even asked me lots of questions regarding Easter the next day which gave me an opportunity to share about Christ with them.

All in all, the whole event and process was an answered prayer to me. After that day, my faith in God continues to grow for I know He is a faithful God that keeps His promises till the end of days and He does answers prayer. He really does! All glory and credit goes to Jesus Christ, my Personal Savior. Amen.

Stay tuned for testimonials and viewpoints of more CF members!

*Share a testimonial about yourself and how God has changed your lives, send them to ucsi_cf@yahoo.com and a picture of yourself too.

No comments: